Lazarus Rising





 “What the hell are you?” Dean hissed as the man brushed off the salt and gunpowder shot into his chest.
“My name is Castiel.”
“Yeah I fucking got that after you burned out my friend’s eyes. What are you?”
Castiel stood in front of the hunter, utterly at ease despite the fact the man was reaching for a knife or whatever else he thought might save him. His eyes found Dean’s and sapphires turned to opals. Dean staggered back.
“You’re a fucking demon?” He was shouting, voice reaching an octave it hadn’t hit since he was 13. He was a demon. A fucking demon pulled him out of Hell and had waltzed through all their traps.
“Not quite. I might have fallen, but not that far, Dean.”
“Start explaining, damn it.”
“I’m an angel, albeit a fallen angel, but an angel none the less.”
“I don’t believe this…” Dean ran a shaky hand through his hair. “An angel? There’s no such thing as angels.”
“Demons and monsters, you can believe in those, but not in me?” He tilted his head and the lights flickered until dark, shadowy wings stretched out over the walls. “You’re important, Dean. My brother wanted you here, on earth.”
“And who the hell is your brother?”
Castiel smiled and it seemed oddly stretched across his face, like he wasn’t sure how it was done. “He is the Morning Star, but you might know him as Lucifer. He’s ready to meet you.”

by Kaitie, my Gishwhes team mate and a good friend, for Gishminions 2013 Secret Santa.
Happy New Year, dear and thank you <3