Alice inside my head


I am a mess. I have this incredible, overwhelming, consuming obsession with everything I’m doing. And it almost drives me insane. A song, or show, or movie, or book or whatever it is.    It’s kind of hard having a really obsessive personality. Like, when I get into something, I don’t just enjoy it or find it pleasant or keep up with it. I get straight up passionately and utterly addicted. I hear a good song and immediately go home and listen to it literally 60 times in a row. Repeating it again and again.  I watch a new TV show and suddenly all I can think about are the characters and the emotions and the plotlines. I read a new book and start quoting and referencing it constantly. Everyone thinks it’s weird, and I know that it is weird, because I guess for most people they’re just like “oh yeah, I like that song!” and play it every so often until they move on. Or they’ll watch a show whenever they’re bored etc. etc.  It’s just every time I want to be like “you just started watching _______? But how are you not already on the fourth season? How are you doing things other than thinking about all the tiny little brilliant details of it? How are you going on with your life in a normal fashion now that you’ve discovered this thing?” And it all drives me into a state of inspiration that it almost hurts. I get inspired to write better, and deep in my head starts an arcade of ideas that I am able to fulfill, all my aims and wishes become really very close as if I feel myself brave enough to make it. Ideas. Inspiration. That is what I get from my obsessions. And then I realize, I don’t really know what to do because I can’t just make my brain stop.